Building A Website For My Mother

Hi Forum, 

Your tips please!

So my mother is a long time ceramic artist - she paints and sell ceramic tiles  , and she doing pretty OK by selling in the last few years , mainly from ear to ear kinda selling in the area where she lives.

So I decided together with my wife that we would build a website and and online store so that the business can hopefully expend (and so we did  ,  you can see link it in my profile)

and here is what I need - 

I really don't have an experience in the online store subject - for sure not in ceramic and the unique implication for that (like pricing , shipment and so on).

I'm looking for someone who went through the same process, and can share knowledge from the first baby steps in building the business website / online store , and to learn from your experience.

What are the main things to pay attention too / do and don't  , and actually anything.

If you can share - it will be highly appreciated :)  

and if you can contact me directly via e-mail that will be great too (galomri2@gmail.com)

Thanks!!

Omri

Looks like you're already there. See if you can set up the online store using amazon-pay. I wish I could but its not available where I live.

Thanks for the tip!

I'm trying to think of some effective steps that would help me to start building audience to the website..especially in the local community.. do you have anything in mind?  

BTW  - very nice website !  did you build it yourself?

Archived