How To Fire Cress 25P

cstovin

Hi all

I have a cress 25P for the life of me I can't figure out how to run; my pottery teacher said that firing it for pottery isn't going to work, it is more a "hobby kiln", but I am sure they are able to fire to cone 6

it has a temperature wheel, a thumb-wheel numbered I think 1-10; and the hourly timer.

the hour and temperature timer I think I get.

what their instructions are lacking, is information about the thumb wheel

There is also a setting on the side that you can set to fire faster or slower

So, here is the question, how is the thumb wheel supposed to work?

If I fire on the slowest speed, put the temperature at cone 6; once the thumb wheel has reached 10, does the kiln shut off?

ANY HELP would be appreciated - I just can't get a clear picture of how this is supposed to work; have a manual, but it doesn't have any information on this specific configuration

thanks in advance :)

post-14131-0-57733900-1479735702_thumb.jpg

post-14131-0-51856400-1479735736_thumb.png

Hi all

I have a cress 25P for the life of me I can't figure out how to run; my pottery teacher said that firing it for pottery isn't going to work, it is more a "hobby kiln", but I am sure they are able to fire to cone 6

it has a temperature wheel, a thumb-wheel numbered I think 1-10; and the hourly timer.

the hour and temperature timer I think I get.

what their instructions are lacking, is information about the thumb wheel

There is also a setting on the side that you can set to fire faster or slower

So, here is the question, how is the thumb wheel supposed to work?

If I fire on the slowest speed, put the temperature at cone 6; once the thumb wheel has reached 10, does the kiln shut off?

ANY HELP would be appreciated - I just can't get a clear picture of how this is supposed to work; have a manual, but it doesn't have any information on this specific configuration

thanks in advance :)

I think the thumb wheel is for the speed of the firing with 1 being the slowest.  If there is no kiln sitter the kiln will not shut off by itself.  You have to put cones in the kiln and watch the cones and shut it off manually.

David

Archived