Seapots, Teapots And A Sunday Tea Party

Some of you might remember I asked a naive question a few months ago about setting up a ceramic competition here in Portugal. Well, the web site is up, the county has donated the most amazing exhibition location on the Estoril coast near Lisbon and Cascais. I have found 3 wonderful judges, your own very wonderful and very helpful Marcia Selsor, Sasha Wardell of the UK, a master at having taken commercial casting techniques and turned them inside out for the studio setting and John Shirley of South Africa who is very involved in metalic salt treatments. Things are going along swimmingly except that my life is now defined by the computer. I thought I was a ceramist? Well there is no turning back now. Please visit the web site and consider designing a seapot to submit for the competition. Please think about coming to Portugal to be present at this exotic ceramic event. www.seapotsteapots.com I will be posting information about hotels and B and B's and what ever you need to have a wonderful holiday while exploring seapots and classic portuguese ceramic installations. 2 kisses and red wine all around!! BTW tonights red wine is from the Portuguese Douro River region, the cheese is from the same neighborhood.

Some of you might remember I asked a naive question a few months ago about setting up a ceramic competition here in Portugal. Well, the web site is up, the county has donated the most amazing exhibition location on the Estoril coast near Lisbon and Cascais. I have found 3 wonderful judges, your own very wonderful and very helpful Marcia Selsor, Sasha Wardell of the UK, a master at having taken commercial casting techniques and turned them inside out for the studio setting and John Shirley of South Africa who is very involved in metalic salt treatments. Things are going along swimmingly except that my life is now defined by the computer. I thought I was a ceramist? Well there is no turning back now. Please visit the web site and consider designing a seapot to submit for the competition. Please think about coming to Portugal to be present at this exotic ceramic event. www.seapotsteapots.com I will be posting information about hotels and B and B's and what ever you need to have a wonderful holiday while exploring seapots and classic portuguese ceramic installations. 2 kisses and red wine all around!! BTW tonights red wine is from the Portuguese Douro River region, the cheese is from the same neighborhood.

Congratulations on your competition. You coudn't have found a better judge than Marcia. I hope it turns out the way you envisionit.

Regards,

Charles

The location looks fantastic! Good job on the website. I am trying to figure out If I can attend! Haven't been to Portugal in ages.

Right now the whole US from the Rockies to the eastern Seaboard and to the southmost tip of Texas is having one LONG winter.

I think the warmth of Portugal's coast is really enticing.

The Seapots, Teapots and a Sunday Tea Party sounds like a lot of fun with potters.

Marcia

The location looks fantastic! Good job on the website. I am trying to figure out If I can attend! Haven't been to Portugal in ages.

Right now the whole US from the Rockies to the eastern Seaboard and to the southmost tip of Texas is having one LONG winter.

I think the warmth of Portugal's coast is really enticing.

The Seapots, Teapots and a Sunday Tea Party sounds like a lot of fun with potters.

Marcia

It would be lovely if you can make it. Well we do get some cold here but it is already warming up. I was at a hardware store and I noticed lots of plants and bulbs for sale and I passed a large community garden on the way home and I saw people out there preparing the ground and taking survey. No doubt planning the 2011 crops.

Archived