#21 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

If we are getting into leaves or paper cutouts this might be fun to try with a paper doily as well... Hmm you got my mind going.
Learning On my Kick wheel with my vintage Paragon (from the late 1960's)

#22 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

If we are getting into leaves or paper cutouts this might be fun to try with a paper doily as well... Hmm you got my mind going.
Learning On my Kick wheel with my vintage Paragon (from the late 1960's)

#23 oldlady

oldlady

single firing an electric kiln to cone 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Locationharpers ferry west va and pinellas park fl

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

try a long tray with a row of dancing long dress ladies across it.  cut the ladies hand to hand and foot to foot the way you fold paper and cut out sailors in a row.  sponge or brush or spray a background color, decorate each lady's dress differently and spray the final clear over it all.

"putting you down does not raise me up."

#24 Aodenkou

Aodenkou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

John Britt's new book on mid range glazes has a way to do this (p.90) abriviated directions.....bisque ware, as second coat is just about dry place leaf, dry, re-bisque, when cool rub mixture 50/50 of EPK and titanium dioxide, rinse, glaze Fire.

A ton of info in this book, I plan on testing a number of the glazes presented, this looks like one of thos books that everyone will eventually have......well worth the money.

#25 Pam S

Pam S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

If you're looking for larger leaves with strong vein lines acanthis or hydrangea would work well.

"Saving just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

#26 ayjay

ayjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

I came across this image on the net recently, it's a totally different technique but it might be something someone wants to play with.

All I can tell you of the technique is what accompanied the pic, " Using a photo resist, the images on the bottles are sandblasted to create a contrasting effect and texture"

leaf-Usingaphotoresisttheimagesonthebott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users