Buying A Used Kiln

I am in the market for a used kiln. I don't know much about firing.  I've been throwing for a year and a half, have my own wheel, but so far my teacher has always fired my stuff for me.

There's a SNO P22, with a kiln sitter K-10 available on craigslist for a good price. It looks to be in excellent shape, and comes with a bunch of furniture and a spare element.  Trouble is I can't find much information on it on the internet.  I know the company went out of business a number of years ago.  I asked the sellers, but they acquired it with a some property they bought, so they can't answer any questions, except to say that they plugged it in and it heated up.  

The question I have is about this, or any other used kiln.  How do know what temperature it will fire to?  Where can I find this information? I have been glaze firing to Cone 5 and don't want to buy something that won't be capable of that.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you both. The plate did not have the max temp, but I did find someone else selling one who could tell me more about it. I also did enough research to find that I could get replacement elements.  I decided to get it. Now I need to learn how to use it. Luckily, the seller found the manual too! I have lots of reading ahead of me.

Archived