Ceramics Glue?

I have been planning to make a sculpture by my driveway entrance out of the ugly non sellable pots I have. I am trying to figure out what would be the best way to bond them together that would be secure during drastic temperatures. We get as hot as 105 degrees, and as cold as -40 wind chills. Does anyone have a recommendation ?

I second that J-B weld-its comes is slow set or fast set-the fast set is thicker and easy to use on many things -the slow(regular) set is thinner and runnier.

I use them both depending on the need. I tend to use the fast set more in ceramcs as its goes off very soon.

Mark

I like PC-7 (dark gray) or PC-11 epoxy (off white) slightly better than JB Weld if you can find it.  They are very comparable to one another, but I feel it's stronger than JB Weld, especially after time (I've seen JB get brittle).  Also bonds to certain materials better than JBW, like plastic or anything flexible.  It's definitely more difficult to find and not as well-known it seems.  usually only old-school hardware stores carry it (local ACE Hardware seems to always carry it) as well as online.  Either one will work though especially for ceramics, the only downfall is that they both take a long time to setup...but will provide significantly better bond than anything that sets up/cures in less than 12-24hrs.  They are strong enough that after they are cured on ceramic, when you re-break the object you'll have clay stuck to the epoxy proving the clay breaks first.

Archived