28 replies to this topic

#21 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

Hey, focus people, what has made you smile, feel blessed today? Now wish this feeling on all, take a moment to feel blessed and then move on. The smile on your face will affect whoever it lands on.

Not usually writing these thoughts but special days make us bring this to the fore of our brains and  if xmas works this way for people, then hey that's great. That's what's great about rituals!!!

#22 jrgpots

jrgpots

The hands can express the soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationHurricane, Utah

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

My Christmas wish list:
1. Warm clay.
2. Heated water basin.
3. Soft throwing chair.
4. Taller cylinders.
5. Redder reds, softer matts, any every desired nuance in my glazes.

I already have recieved good advise. I have a space heater and lots of clay. What more could I want.

Jed

#23 Davidpotter

Davidpotter

Determined Young Buck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Wisconsin

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

besides the usually world peace and no hunger i would say that i would like:

an electric kiln

pug mill

clay would be good too

i'm just starting out and i'm waiting for the right time to get the big ticket items

Practice, practice, practice. Then when you think you've practiced enough, the real practice begins.

#24 Christine

Christine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thank you for this fun topic ..... I'm with Pres - I would LOVE more space - and I was going to mention more warmth .... maybe a wood-burner? but then I've just read the replies to the "Freezing" topic and it made me realise how very lucky I am to be where I am - so thanks for that too!

Christine

#25 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

I agree christine - I am happy my basement isn't cold enough to freeze the clay. :) 

Learning On my Kick wheel with my vintage Paragon (from the late 1960's)

#26 Biglou13

Biglou13

Advanced beginner pottery, Advanced in other art

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationNorth Florida

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

David Next best thing to clay from Santa is...... Making your own. It's not that hard and super cheap. If interested I can help.
Caution big brother is watching.
The beige is blinding!!!!!!
The middle of the road is boring

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
-Albert Einstein

#27 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

David Next best thing to clay from Santa is...... Making your own. It's not that hard and super cheap. If interested I can help.

Well be careful!! Heard a comment at an exhibition which made me walk quickly away to lol      I like your forms but I don't like your body! Only a potter to potter can speak so plainly.

#28 JustPeachy

JustPeachy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEastern Tennessee

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm interested in this for sure! Please, please, please start another thread with the how-to. We've had so much rain here, all I do is slip 'n slide around the backyard. I'm living on literally tons of red clay here and I'd love to know how to lower my cost of this pretty expensive hobby!

#29 Diane Puckett

Diane Puckett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Great thread. I am grateful for my tiny, heated studio with lots of windows and good music. At this time of year plumbing would be nice, but spring will eventually arrive, and the hose from the house will thaw. Until then I will be grateful for the ability to schlep gallon jugs from the house to the studio.
Diane Puckett
Dry Ridge Pottery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users