• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Glen Lochan

Glen Lochan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

Has anyone purchased a wheel recently for their home studio? I'm semi-retired and am a relatively now potter. I do it as a wonderful hobby and am not planning a business venture.

#2 Seasoned Warrior

Seasoned Warrior

Businessman - Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Has anyone purchased a wheel recently for their home studio? I'm semi-retired and am a relatively now potter. I do it as a wonderful hobby and am not planning a business venture.

Greetings and Welcom:

I think you shoujld try this post in the section entitle "In the Studio," I'm sure you'd get a lot of opinions regarding a wheel. this area is more for members of the Potters Council and its events and new. Good luck with that new wheel!

Best regards,
Charles

#3 bciskepottery

bciskepottery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

I bought a Shimpo Whisper Lite for use at home. Used both Shimpo and Brent wheels at the studio where I take classes. Liked the quietness and pedal response of the Shimpo. Plus, the Shimpo is a direct drive wheel, meaning no belts to adjust.

#4 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

Greetings and Welcom:

I think you should try this post in the section entitle "In the Studio," I'm sure you'd get a lot of opinions regarding a wheel. this area is more for members of the Potters Council and its events and new. Good luck with that new wheel!

Best regards,
Charles

I agree.
Marcia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users