Tomato Red glaze.

Bobg

i'm looking for a tomato red ^6 glaze that I can buy. I don't have the time right now to be mixing one up. I know Seattle Pottery Supply offers one, has anyone used it. Looking for other source and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Bob

Mayco Stroke and Coat Hot Tamale is a nice red without breaking the bank, its a tiny bit more toward the purple side than the orange side, but still RED, its our go-to red at the studio. Just not a huge number of choices out there for red at cone 5-6

We use a few glazes by Standard at my community studio including both their bright red and dark red (firing to cone 6). They're #1194 and #1210. I have plenty of experience with both. Neither appear to run, pinhole, craze, or any other glaze flaws. They're pretty happy, stable glazes which is why we continue to use them instead of mixing our own red. Here's the website for them: Standard cone 5/6 glazes

Best of luck,

Deborah

i'm looking for a tomato red ^6 glaze that I can buy. I don't have the time right now to be mixing one up. I know Seattle Pottery Supply offers one, has anyone used it. Looking for other source and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Bob

Coyote Clay and Color has a couple of reds with their Really Red probably being the most in your face red. I seem to be frequently recommending Coyote glazes, its a little embarrassing, honest I have no financial connection to the company - just a satisfied customer, satisfied with both their glazes and the telephone help I've received when I had questions.

Joan Klotz (Venicemud)

Archived