Sign in to follow this  
Benzine

I'm Looking for a Plastic Lid, to Make a Travel Mug

Benzine    609

So, I'm trying to make my own version, of a travel mug, and I don't care for the silicon/ rubber lids that are pretty common. I own a mass-produced ceramic mug, that has a hard plastic lid, with a rubber gasket, so that it fits snugly on the top. I've done some searching, and cannot find somewhere that sells, just the lids. Anyone know a good source?

Thanks

JBaymore    1,432

Maybe make a ceramic lid insert with a groove along the outer edge (like the one you mention) and then get an O ring to fit the grove? Just thinking out loud here.

best,

......................john

Benzine    609

Maybe make a ceramic lid insert with a groove along the outer edge (like the one you mention) and then get an O ring to fit the grove? Just thinking out loud here.

best,

Not a bad idea John. Though, I wouldn't be able to have the sliding opening cover, like many of the hard plastic lids do.

yedrow    8

best,

I love that idea!

Joel.

best,

Not a bad idea John. Though, I wouldn't be able to have the sliding opening cover, like many of the hard plastic lids do.

but then your lid wouldn't be plastic.