If you could bring two clay artists (dead or alive) on a trip with you...who would you bring and where would you go? | Q.O.W. 2/12/2013

Guest JBaymore

Guest JBaymore

OK.... fantasy time......... indulge..........

If you could bring two clay artists (dead or alive) on a trip with you...who would you bring and where would you go?

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

I would bring Linda Arbuckle and......Gail Nichols, and we would go to Aamosa Colorado, there are so many cute little galleries, open studios, and odd historic things there. and it's like the smallesy city ever, so there's not much to do other than talk about pottery.

John;

I'm thinking Shoji Hamada and Peter Voulkos. We could go to Shoji's studio in Japan and watch him glaze those big platters with that ladle that had the crack in it and dripped in a certain way. Never met Voulkos either, although he was at a few NCECA'S I attended. I bet when you got to talk to him one on one, he could be quite reasonable.

I have never been to Japan.

TJR.

Easy for me, the first is exactly the same as TJR. Shoji Hamada in Japan at his workshop. It would be a bonus if Leach were there as well, but not necessary. After that I cannot think of another, perhaps a sit down with Warren MacKenzie at this studio as he is working on his wheel and we are talking casually.

Archived