Bisques questions for electric kiln

Hi everyone,

I'm doing an bisques in an baily's electric kiln. I did an pre heat for 5 hours ( had some dap pieces) and the pre heat started at 10 pm last night 03/17/12 so pre heat should of stopped at 3am today. I came In today at 10 am and the kiln was readiing 1022. Now I came in today at 5:30 pm and my kiln is reading 1179. That seems wrong to read to me, but I wanted to see what all of you felt! Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I'm doing an bisques in an baily's electric kiln. I did an pre heat for 5 hours ( had some dap pieces) and the pre heat started at 10 pm last night 03/17/12 so pre heat should of stopped at 3am today. I came In today at 10 am and the kiln was readiing 1022. Now I came in today at 5:30 pm and my kiln is reading 1179. That seems wrong to read to me, but I wanted to see what all of you felt! Thanks in advance!

I need more info-is that 1179 reading going up in temp or cooling down?????

If its going up then its way to slow-that fire should be way over by 5.30pm If its cooling then you are fine.

Mark

Hi everyone,

I need more info-is that 1179 reading going up in temp or cooling down?????

If its going up then its way to slow-that fire should be way over by 5.30pm If its cooling then you are fine.

Mark

Hey Its complete and now it's cooling down. This sort of delays me but I'm glade it's just cooling down. Have together them out and put my glazes on them. And have them ready by 4:30 this monday! Pray for me! Thank you for your help.

Archived