Kilnmaster wall controller problem

Erin

Hello All,

I’m a novice with a home studio. Acquired an old Skutt Kiln last year and have been manually operating it so far, but I recently tried connecting it to a Skutt kilnmaster wall controller and can’t get it to work. When I set a program and press start, the kiln clicks on, then off, on, off and will do this indefinitely. Never heats up. My guess is the fuse needs replacing on the controller. Does that sound right to anyone? The other element that may need replacing is the thermocouple, but I didn’t want to do that unless I need to. Any help is greatly appreciated!! 

thanks,

Erin in Maine

@Erin Make sure you've turned the kiln on manually, too. Put a cone in the sitter higher than you need, or just push the power button and slowly lower the weight so it doesn't trip the power button, or cram a small piece of kiln shelf in the sitter instead of a cone. Then turn all the switches to high. Also make sure the thermocouple is installed in the kiln. The KM1 will control it from there.

41 minutes ago, neilestrick said:

@Erin Make sure you've turned the kiln on manually, too. Put a cone in the sitter higher than you need, or just push the power button and slowly lower the weight so it doesn't trip the power button, or cram a small piece of kiln shelf in the sitter instead of a cone. Then turn all the switches to high. Also make sure the thermocouple is installed in the kiln. The KM1 will control it from there.

Also make sure that the timer on the kiln controller is set to maximum...

Archived