Third party Gas supplier results-ones year later

Mark C.

Well it been a year since I did the contract with a 3rd party gas supplier and the jury results are in.

I ended the contract and switched back to my local gas company after the 1 year contract  ran out.

I recently crunched the numbers and I think it cost me just under 500$ extra for the year on my gas use.

The real deal breaker is the local gas company fees for suppling the gas (the infrastructure costs)

I had hopes this was going to work out but it was a bust._ I know Neil had said the same thing about electric rates.

I have a commercial flat rate on gas and a separate meter but I was trying to lower therm prices.It just did not pan out.

My gas/electric company is huge one -called PG&E .

So if you are thinking about this I would say forget about switching gas suppliers-it was not worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. I did some similar analysis for large real estate companies many years ago when this was first popular. Tough to predict and like  a decent safe investment it was almost always easier to modify their operations and substitute lower consumption devices which then made these contracts even more difficult to break even or save money. In a studio you are even less flexible. My advice, really look at the numbers and do a true analysis beforehand.

thanks again.!

Archived