Fill In already fired logo in bowls

Hi Everyone,

New to the group and very new to pottery...although my wife has been doing it 35 years.  I was helping her fill an order of 100 plates...the client asked us to stamp

a logo in the middle.  I'm pretty good with a 3D printer....SO...I whipped it up and she's used it on half the order already.  We just realized.  IT'S BACKWARDS.  Very

bad move...but it's subtle.  Can't deliver these to the client.  My question is....since about 25 of these have already been fired and some are still drying....is there any

way to 'fill in' the backwards logo to get rid of it...so at the very least these plates could be sold elsewhere?  Slip, magic....anything?  I feel horrible.  Please let me know

if you have any thoughts.  Thank you.  - Paul

PS - THIS IS STONEWARE....not sure if that makes a difference.

Fish Sauce Slip can be made really quite thick and works on greenware and bisque, I would try that on one that has not been glazed yet to fill it in.

Fish Sauce Recipe ^04 - 10

Kona F4 23.5% (Minspar)

Grolleg 43.6%

Pyrophyllite 7.8%

Bentonite 9.5% ( I use 5 macaloid / bentone MA)

Silica 15.6%

Welcome to the forums :)

15 hours ago, yappystudent said:

Probably a dumb question and might not be good enough solution for fancy commissioned dinnerware, but would paperclay made from the clay they used serve the same purpose? 

Paper clay always has a subtle texture to it. I'm not sure I'd want to use this on a surface like a plate, where irregular surfaces would be a bad thing. But if it wasn't a plate meant for eating off of, it could work. 

Min's Fish Sauce recipe will give a smooth, flat surface, and that stuff really does stick to everything.

Archived