Post Your Forum Questions Here

GEP

All questions/discussions related to the new forum software have been moved to this section of the forum, Forum FAQ & Help Topics.

@Joseph F made a terrific tutorial on the subject of Activity Streams. We moved it into this section for easy access. 

If you have continued questions or requests regarding the new forum, we are listening! You can ask questions by adding comments to this thread, or any other thread in this section on various forum-related subjects. Or, if you have a brand new question, you can start a new thread. 

We have a running list of all requests that have been made. We are working on them behind the scenes. Please be patient, we are learning a new software ourselves. Once we determine if your request can or can't be made, we will let you know. 

• GEP pinned this topic
1 hour ago, glazenerd said:

Mea:

i have noticed in the last week that my screen name remains in the "online" status bar after I sign out. I have signed out in the PM, and it remains when I sign back in  the AM. Little concerning..

Often when I visit the Forum, the first page I see is a cached version of the last time I visited. If I reload the page, I get the most current one. After you sign out, try reloading the page to see if the cached version gets replaced with the current page. 

Edit to add: sometimes I've noticed that the feeds in the right-hand sidebar update more slowly than the rest of the front page. I think this is normal.

• 1 month later...

let's hope not! Would be a great loss, though I noticed his name has Guest in front of it on some old posts.

he talks having walked a long, long, distinguished walk in the fields of ceramics, not many can do that with such humility, and in plain speak for al the forum participants. No ego attached to his replies and explanations..

so my question is as above, what has happened to John?

• GEP unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Ms. Harnetty:

i would like to make a request for your consideration. Many posters on the forum do experimental work on glazes, clays, forming, firing techniques, and other things pottery related. Perhaps if their was a thread marked "experimental" or "research" work, where potters could post freely and openly about any given topic: I think you would find participation elevated. Marking the thread with customary cautions about safety and disclaimers about content would forewarn those reading a forehand about the content.  

Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

To upload an image directly into a post instead of a gallery page it's up to 35.5MB (that info and the accepted file types is noted just below where it says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...." when you are logged in and writing a post. When posting in galleries it says gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, flv, f4v, wmv, mpg, mpeg, mp4, mkv, m4a, m4v, 3gp, mov, avi, webm, ogg, ogv ·511MB. You can re-size an image in a post by double clicking it after you have added it to your post, a re-size option will pop up where you can re-size the image. Looks like you got the profile picture sorted out. 

Welcome to the forum!

Archived