Attention: Arnold Or Other Kiln Doctors

I inherited an old Duncan Model Dk 7162 with a 110 voltage connection. The insides look great. No elements sticking out or bricks chipped. However, it is missing the knob on the outside that sets the temperature. It appears to be a four rather than three phase or infinite phase knob. the switch is in it and the spindle the knob fits on is sticking out, just not a knob on it.. It show low, med, hi, and hi fire as settings. Since we have recently lost the lease on our house where I had my studio set up and have moved into an apartment for a year while we look for another house, the 110 voltage kiln seems perfect to keep me producing a little all along ...its of course much smaller than my 220 kilns. The question if I have for you since somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to recall that paragon took over Duncan parts when Duncan went out of business is whether you might have one of those 4 phase knobs and how much it would be? I suppose I could turn the switch with a pair of pliers but I am not sure if I would know which temp I had set it on...Thanks for taking the time to look this up for me...Charlotte Wheat

Archived