Bailey Slab Roller Maintenance And Adjustments

jjazzbel

I am looking for owner information on maintenance of my Bailey slab roller from the 1980's.  It has a dual roller with a single crank which is supposed to raise and lower the roller equally on both sides.  It has never done this correctly which I have addressed by using shims.  I need to get this working properly.

I got some setup information from Bailey Pottery, but it did not have the detail for the adjustments, nor the maintenance for the chain or adjusting the tolerance (gap) of the lock nut.  Based on what I heard, Bailey has gone to Nylock nuts, so I want to do this correctly.  I also wonder about lubricating the moving parts - or is this necessary?

Any help would be appreciated as I am getting into a project where I really want to use this equipment (after all these years B)

The video clips on the Bailey site require Quicktime which is not compatible with my operating system, so I have never been able to view them.

Thank you for any assistance....

Call Bailey's 800 number. You can talk to a tech person and maybe they will even email you a manual.

I have found their tech staff to be very helpful when I needed to replace the valve on my pug mill (damaged during my move to Texas) and on fixing my foot peddle.

Generally most things seem fairly painless to fix.

Marcia

Archived