Low-Fire Glaze On Stoneware?

In a shared studio, all using cone 6 stoneware clay, one person brought in a low-fire glaze that she bought by mistake, for the color.  We think she could use it on her bisqued stoneware piece and just fire it with the next bisque firing.  But what would happen if she puts it in with the cone 6 glaze firing batch?  Might it damage or affect other pieces in the kiln? Will it ruin her own nice big decorative piece? 

Ginny C.

Thanks, Chris!  I'll share this with everyone there.

And Jim, my studio at home is just for me, in my 160 year old cellar, but in the summer I'm in Pentwater, Michigan using a pottery room in a wonderful non-profit artisan center. No one makes things to sell—just for fun, for gifts, and to donate to charity auctions. We learn from each other, and I've told them all about CeramicsArtsDaily.org.

Think I'll try to post a picture of my recent "Happy Accident."  (When I tried to break up the bone-dry pot to recycle, it suddenly looked okay, so I fired it and had good luck with the glazes!)

Whoa! What's an URL? (and how do you pronounce it?) Guess I'll post this comment and then look for the up-load instructions! Maybe I'll use the new pot as my member photo.
Ginny C

Archived