What's the next step up from DIY home tin-can firing?

So I've successfully fired 2-3 small pinch pots at a time in a paint tin, as demonstrated in this video:

I've enjoyed the results, but would like to fire more pieces at a time, and possibly bigger ones too. I would also rather use firewood, as it is cheaper than briquettes.I'm guessing an oil drum is next? Unless anyone can suggest conveniently available medium sized  firing batrels? Any hints, tips, or tricks, or even step-by-step 'how to do' for scaling up a barrel firing? I'm quite the beginner in this, so happy to even hear how to prep the pots & the firing, how pots should best be placed, what helps ensure a successful firing, how to get the fire properly started, wood/materials to use/not use, what precautions should be taken, should wood fuel be added in stages etc etc etc... Anything you can think to advise really, thanks!

Edited by kinosfronimos

• kinosfronimos changed the title to What's the next step up from DIY home tin-can firing?

If you're looking to continue with primitive firing techniques like that, then the next step up would be a pit or a drum. Do a Google search for pit firing and you'll find lots of information. If you're looking for something that can go hotter and actually melt glaze, then you'd need to step up to an actual kiln that burns wood, which will be a much more involved build.