correcting glaze that fired glossy instead of matte....

Hi, I've been using Amaco's shino glazes and getting super matte results, however my last firing resulted in a glossy surface.   Not sure what happened, but think I might have cooled it too fast?  I typically cool it 200F per hour from 1900F to 1400F.  Usually this works, but for some reason not the last time.    What are my options now?  I really want a matte surface...  can I re-fire it and cool it slowly again?  or is it too late?   maybe I should try an acid wash to try to strip the gloss?   Anyone have experience with this?  

7 hours ago, s6x said:

can I re-fire it and cool it slowly again

Yes this does work. I would include it in a bisque firing and slow cool it. Could try cooling at a slower rate, say 125F/hour instead of 200f/hour from 1900F thru 1400F. This won't effect the bisque and is easy to do. Sand blasting can also work.

On 6/5/2024 at 4:36 PM, Min said:

Yes this does work. I would include it in a bisque firing and slow cool it. Could try cooling at a slower rate, say 125F/hour instead of 200f/hour from 1900F thru 1400F. This won't effect the bisque and is easy to do. Sand blasting can also work.

Thank you.  It did matte the gloss, but it also changed the color drastically.   from blue to gray.   A turquoise piece turned yellow.  A black piece turned burgundy.  Maybe sandblasting would have been a better option.    has anyone tried uric acid?    Also, just curious, once a piece is fired to cone 6, is there a way to turn the piece that turned burgundy back to black?  reglazing?