The cost of selling your work?

I'm exploring the idea of a pottery business and I'm curious how people sell their work?

I haven't dug too deep, but it seems to me the costs of running and online store or selling at fairs is about the same. It just depends on what sort of work you like more.

Are  the cost of having a brick and mortar store or selling consignment comparable?

Do any of you do wholesale, and how does that compare?

I've done some reading and I'm specifically asking about money costs, but also interested in time, energy, emotional labor cost.

Thanks.

I think it’ll depend on the area, but unless you can get very cheap real estate, having your own brick and mortar store isn’t going to be anywhere in the same cost category as wholesaling or doing shows or selling online, or anything else.  

Also, running your own store is a different job entirely than making pots and selling either direct to customer or via wholesale/consignment. I don’t do much in the way of wholesale, as there’s less demand for that in my area. I decided at the start of the pandemic that I couldn’t afford to do consignment, as the work tends to sit for too long before I get compensated for it. 

That said, @Magnolia Mud Research has a brick and mortar on their property I believe, and @Mark C. Has a lot of experience with wholesale. Hopefully they can give you more specifics.