Setting up a studio

Hi all

we are building a studio in the garden in the UK. . It will have a cold water tap and sink but the sink cannot be connected to the mains drains as the garden slopes too far. The builders are supposed to provide a clay trap under the sink but before we do that and don’t just have a bucket there I thought I’d ask for advice as to how other people would deal with our situation. There isn’t space for a soak away either as it’s at the end of our garden down a slope. So we have a water supply but no drainage - ideas please? 

thanks 

Ian 

It’s really hard to speculate what you might have including clearance and elevation issues. I can offer, there may be an opportunity to collect the water, let it settle daily and drain off the top layer for non potable use at the beginning of the day.  Sort of a larger more convenient bucket idea. The obvious concern is use. If you rinse glazes off which may contain metals etc…. Then catching all  and making sure it does not get into the garden or runoff streams becomes a concern and more of a how it’s used and then disposed of thing. Bucket or multiple settling buckets might be the most prudent for responsible use.