Still confused about first firing in new L&L kiln

Sorry moderators, I initially posted this in  Studio Operations and Making Work but I think it belongs here. I can't delete the other post.

I have read posts here and elsewhere and I know @neilestrick recommends  a a slow bisque to cone 5 with a 3 hour preheat but I saw a very recent video from L&L instructing to program a glaze fire at medium speed to 04 with a 1 hour preheat. https://hotkilns.com/support/pottery-kiln-videos-links/first-firing-ll-kiln-genesis-control

There is also a video that shows firing a new L&L Glaze to Cone 5 at Medium Speed https://www.clayshare.com/firing-your-l-l-kiln-for-the-first-time/videos/gf11-01

So what is it? lol.

I have an Easy Fire  23-S with Genesis controller.

As an aside, I have put 2 coats of kiln wash on the shelves and plan to put the third after the first fire. This was recommended  somewhere... Anything wrong with this?

Thanks!

Edited by Girl on Fire

L&L used to recommend the slow cone 5 with 3 hour preheat, but they recently changed it to 04 with a 1 hour preheat. Whatever you do isn't going to make much of a difference in the long run. What's important is that you do some sort of firing to season the elements. Put a few shelves in the kiln when you do the test firing.

1 hour ago, neilestrick said:

L&L used to recommend the slow cone 5 with 3 hour preheat, but they recently changed it to 04 with a 1 hour preheat. Whatever you do isn't going to make much of a difference in the long run. What's important is that you do some sort of firing to season the elements. Put a few shelves in the kiln when you do the test firing.

Thank you. Should I put 04 witness cones for the first firing?

I guess I will use the included  ^5  ones for a glaze fire…

Do you know long that program takes?