Error8 message on E23 Cress kiln

terraworks57

Could this error be caused by a brownout? The reason I am asking is that this has happened before and I just restarted my kiln and it finished the firing by refiring.   This time it read that it had reached cone 5-6  (by the hours it took).  When I pushed the start button this time it was just under 800 degrees and it is now refiring...  I guess I could have let it finish cooling down but the fan was not on... Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, terraworks57 said:

Could this error be caused by a brownout? The reason I am asking is that this has happened before and I just restarted my kiln and it finished the firing by refiring.   This time it read that it had reached cone 5-6  (by the hours it took).  When I pushed the start button this time it was just under 800 degrees and it is now refiring...  I guess I could have let it finish cooling down but the fan was not on... Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thank you.

What is error 8 on that controller? This one?: 

In CONE FIRE mode, the temperature is falling in the last segment instead of
increasing.

It could be because of a power outage, but it could also be a relay sticking when it gets hot. If it's a relay, it'll probably totally fail soon. Were there other signs of power outage in your building- clocks flashing, etc?

8 hours ago, neilestrick said:

What is error 8 on that controller? This one?: 

In CONE FIRE mode, the temperature is falling in the last segment instead of
increasing.

It could be because of a power outage, but it could also be a relay sticking when it gets hot. If it's a relay, it'll probably totally fail soon. Were there other signs of power outage in your building- clocks flashing, etc?

This has happened one time before and with a brown out it does not always reflect on the clocks flashing etc. Sometimes it is just a temp flash.  I restarted the kiln and it seems to be cooling down fine now... I will take your advice and check out the relay- Thank you for replying so quickly =)