Hello!

I was recently gifted a china painting kiln. However, I want to use it to fire pottery. I am used to doing mid/high fire pottery so I am not sure what clay would work best with this temperature. I can fire  to cone 022-06. The temperature of these kilns are not supposed to exceed 1800 degrees. When working with low fire clay I was taught to always bisque fire to a cone 04. When searching for the appropriate low fire clay, the results are always clay that should be bisqued at 04.  I am guessing I should be doing my bisque fire at a cone 06 so those clays wouldn't work with my kiln? 

Could I then glaze fire also at cone 06 with low fire glaze?

Do you have any suggestions on clay I can buy that would work well with these temperatures? 

My kiln  is the Evenheat RM2 1210 120v

Thank you for your help :) 

If the kiln is rated to just go to cone 07 approx 1800F and is sold as a china painting kiln then that's what it would be best used for. Kilns struggle to reach the very top temp repeatedly, it won't do well firing to top temp over time as the elements degrade. It's a china painting kiln. As others have said in your first thread, I would ask the manufacturer if it's possible to reconfigure it to be suitable for your purposes or sell it and buy one that will meet your needs. I know this reply isn't what you were looking for.

Edited by Min
clarity