Trying to Sell Albany Slip

Guest Sherman

I used a 50 cherry wood ash and 50 Albany slip as a ^10 glaze back in 1971 in Upstate NY. It was a sparkling golden glaze.

I had an infinite supply of cherry wood ash. Try mixing your local clay with ash. If too runny add a little stoneware clay or kaolin.

Try some line blends with ash, local clay and maybe koalin if you need to keep the glaze from running.

I did a search for Albany Slip and it brought this up. I have a 50 pound bag of Albany Slip and would like to sell it and hoped someone would give me an idea where to list such an item. Thanks.

The best place (in my own humble, self-serving opinion) is the Ceramics Monthly classified ads. It would appear online as well as in print:

http://ceramicartsdaily.org/ceramics-monthly/classifieds/

It's also the only place on our site meant for users to buy and sell things.

Sherman

uh - how much are you asking for it/

I used a 50 cherry wood ash and 50 Albany slip as a ^10 glaze back in 1971 in Upstate NY. It was a sparkling golden glaze.

I had an infinite supply of cherry wood ash. Try mixing your local clay with ash. If too runny add a little stoneware clay or kaolin.

Try some line blends with ash, local clay and maybe koalin if you need to keep the glaze from running.

I did a search for Albany Slip and it brought this up. I have a 50 pound bag of Albany Slip and would like to sell it and hoped someone would give me an idea where to list such an item. Thanks.

Archived