Clay needed for outdoor ceramic pavers in California

i’ve seen another post about someone attempting to do this who got some information of the type of claim needed. If someone else might please comment on this more and about the grogginess of the clay. I would appreciate it also about the dimensions. My paver is going to be about 17 inches across and I am wanting to make sure that I construct it as good as I can so it does not crack in the firing process.

across and I am wanting to make sure that I construct it as good as I can so it does not crack in the firing process.

Help! 

Ceramic pavers of that dimension will be hard to produce without some experimentation problems and not very sturdy, even here where we live, unless they are 2-3” thick. 
I would pour concrete pavers and imbed ceramic tiles into them. Or maybe make hollow (5 sided) forms of a heavily grogged clay to reinforce inside, after firing, by packing lightweight (mixed with gypsum, etc) concrete into the back.