Evenheat kiln model 5320 with no jacket?

Tim S

One of my students just told me about a kiln that a person her mother knows is selling. It's an Everheat 5320. I've attached some pics so you can see it doesn't have a jacket. That's not something I've seen before, but I don't have much experience with firing kilns and haven't ever owned one. They're asking  $200 but the family is clearing out the space soon and want it gone quickly. I don't have much to go on other than the pictures I've attached. Any insight or helpful guidance on whether this may or may not be a good purchase would be really appreciated! 

Thanks!

Tim 

Resized_Resized_20230419_142444.jpg

Resized_Resized_20230419_142235.jpg

Resized_Resized_20230419_142359.jpg

Resized_Resized_20230419_142231.jpg

Resized_Resized_20230419_142159.jpg

They made them like that as some point. I've only ever seen a couple of them in the 30+ years I've been working with clay. As long as the bands are holding tight then it'll work. Just be careful that you don't damage the exterior when moving it or using it. It would be more durable with the outer jacket. Modern outer jackets may fit, it'll just depend on whether or not the holes for the elements and sitter line up. I'd give Evenheat a call and ask, and also see if they still make elements that will fit it.