Standard Slip for Mocha Diffusion?

Ben xyz

Wanted to try the Mocha Diffusion technique, but wasn’t sure if it would work with Standard’s White Stoneware Slip. I contacted them about their slip’s breakdown, but the recipe is a secret one. One website for Mocha Diffusion recommended a slip with a high content of Ball Clay or Kaolin (such as EPK). I plan to fire at cone 6. The website suggested the following: Feldspar 5%, Ball Clay 75%, Kaolin 10%, Silica10%. Do you think Standard’s White Stoneware Slip perhaps has a similar breakdown and/or would work? Was hoping to get an answer (or good guess) before purchasing. Have read that beer, wine and apple cider vinegar all work for the diffusion. Preference? Thanks!

The Robin Hopper mocha diffusion recipe works really well.  Having 75% ball clay in a casting slip is really unlikely, my hunch is it won't work as well as the Hopper recipe. Given that casting slip is deflocculated adds another layer of uncertainty. 

Apple cider vinegar + cobalt oxide + manganese dioxide is what I used. Adding a drop or two of dishwashing liquid to about 3-4 tablespoons of vinegar helps with the diffusion patterning as does working really quickly.