Gare Model LT-4K

Julia L

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a second hand kiln. I can’t seem to find any information on it. From what I’ve gathered, Evenheat used to produce Gare kilns. This one is Gare Model LT-4k. Does anyone have any information, manuals, how to operate, advice, etc. for this kiln?6B609F8C-F096-48A2-B83E-611C8D6B2995.jpeg.4e825d0b80235ba3f71b027957d008d4.jpeg129A2228-F5A2-4053-917B-51178E390CC8.jpeg.b6c71a283b5675f9f188e75eea944f34.jpeg

Well, actually, the business deal went the other way. The kiln part of Gare was bought out by Evenheat a long time ago, and Gare Ceramics now continues selling only slipcast bisqueware and glazes. The model number LT-4K refers only to the Dawson kiln sitter shutoff control behind the black panel. These same kiln sitters were used on many different models and manufacturers. The exact Gare kiln model is on the electrical rating plate in your other picture. Unfortunately, the picture is not clear enough to read the numbers, so at the moment we can only give you general information about how it works. In the broad view, it is very similar to any manual kiln. You turn the heat on low for awhile, and add more heat at intervals until the kiln is on full heat, and then you wait until the ware is done. Other kilns have different ways of modulating the amount of heat, but this one has simple on-off switches for each element. Turn on one element for low heat, and turn on additional elements for more heat, until they are all on.

However, before you buy this, can you get a better picture of the electrical rating plate so we can see all the numbers, i.e., model number, volts, amperes, and watts. These numbers are important so we can advise you about the electrical requirements that your electrician will need to install. Unfortunately, kilns don't just plug in anywhere. The electrical infrastructure must match the specific kiln requirements.

Archived