Old Brent b resistor

Macke

I ordered two of each 20k, 50k, 250k, 1M and 5M (5M because it's $.80). I know that the low speed is a 1M, the part number for it lead to the 201UR105B I linked above, but I ordered the 20K because if on the off chance the stamp on the back of the red (high) trimmer is the code created by CTS rather than the 250k value, the 250 would indicate a 20kohm trimmer. I'll start with the 20k and if it slows the wheel down enough on the top end I'll keep it, otherwise I'll be installing the trimmers with higher resistance until I find the spot I like. I ran it as just the slide pot for testing, so I'm not worried about damaging anything with the 20k test first.

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 4:02 PM, Macke said:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/cts-electrocomponents/201UR105B/98359 This link goes to the blue one (low side) and the part number leads to a 1M ohm 0.2W trimmer

The high side is the "250k" one. I tried adjusting the dial on them during measurement and there was no resistance across any of the posts in any position, it's like they're completely shot. The plastic tray definitely smelled like hot/burnt electronics as well. If I had to guess, when the cap went bad it probably took this out with it?

This part is obsolete -- which did you choose instead? Hoping to find something that fits in the same space :-)