HELP glazed and fired a hole closed!

Diamond bits are good. You may be able to get through with a masonry bit, too. Super easy to drill low fire pots, really hard with high fire. But keep some water on it to keep it cool. If it gets too hot the pot will crack.

A masonry bit would be better then? I fired at 06....what do you think? Thanks for the speedy reply

Getting ready to go buy a bit! ;-D

I've used Truebite carbide cutting bits since the late 1980's and they are the best! They cut thru ceramic, glazed or unglazed. Be careful about side wobble and go slowly with light pressure as these puppies cut fantastic! I've used them to drill out salt and pepper shaker holes and christmas tree light holes that have been accidentally glazed over. That tips are not flat, but "spiked" which gives them extra umph. When using the smallest sizes, a little water to keep the tip cool is recommended. Just drill a bit, and then stop and dip in a cup of clean water to cool every so often. Helps keep you from breaking off the tip when drilling tiny holes like salt and pepper shakers. Can't recommend highly enough. tongue.gif

http://www.truebite.com/drill_degrout/

I've used Truebite carbide cutting bits since the late 1980's and they are the best! They cut thru ceramic, glazed or unglazed. Be careful about side wobble and go slowly with light pressure as these puppies cut fantastic! I've used them to drill out salt and pepper shaker holes and christmas tree light holes that have been accidentally glazed over. That tips are not flat, but "spiked" which gives them extra umph. When using the smallest sizes, a little water to keep the tip cool is recommended. Just drill a bit, and then stop and dip in a cup of clean water to cool every so often. Helps keep you from breaking off the tip when drilling tiny holes like salt and pepper shakers. Can't recommend highly enough. tongue.gif

http://www.truebite.com/drill_degrout/

thank u all done and great!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived