Shimpo Wheel Help

I have a little issue with my Shimpo RK10 wheel and I thought that maybe the potting community might have an answer.

I would like the wheel head to stop when I pull the lever back. Simple really. Don't go forward or backwards. Just stop. I don't want much. :)

I have adjusted the bolts/locknuts (lever control adjustment) several times and just can't get the correct setting.

What I believe lies at the heart of the matter is that the "zero" motion position on the motor controller is smaller than the margin of error in the mechanical arm settings. To be clear, I think of the zero motion position as 5-4-3-2-1-0-1-2-3-4-5 where clockwise and counter clockwise are to either side. But the trouble is that 0 is too small and just barely touching the speed control will cause the wheel head to move one direction or the other. I would rather the potential to be

5-4-3-2-1-0-0 -0-1-2-3-4-5 which allow a person to adjust the throw of the handle with ease. A bigger landing spot if you will.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

I have contacted Shimpo and I specifically told them that I have tried to make the adjustment with the system's bolt and locknut several times.

Shimpo emailed back saying that I should use the system's adjustment bolt and locknut to get the motor to stop correctly. :blink:

Hi Mark,

I know of 5 of these wheels and all have the same problem. Once the "sweet spot" is found and the securing bolt all but welded in place, a week later (or a day) it'll seem as if it was never found. Very frustrating to teach on.

Archived