Baking of a vessel

Hi!

I have a sketch model of a design that I've made a few years ago but got stuck in the production phase. I have zero experience when it comes to baking clay objects, I plan to bring it to a ceramicists workshop and hopefully get it modelled and baked properly. But before that I hope that someone with a skilled eye could look at my design and share some feedback. I imagine the vessel should be in a dark exterior color and a red glazed color for the interior parts(where the liquids would be stored).  The piece is 15cm high, 11x15cm.  

So here are some of my concerns:

Is this kind of shape possible to bake? Walls are varying in thickness, in the thinnest parts they are 6 mm and around 15 mm in the thicker ones. 

Would the big vessel shrink the same amount compared to the small ones? as you can see small pieces should fit with their legs onto the big one. 

This design is supposed to have as  clean lines as possible, what cold be the smallest radius in the edges that I could get?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2212 res.jpg

IMG_2217 res.jpg

vessel closed.png

vessel open.png

IMG_2225 res.jpg

That should be possible and clay shrinks linearly so no worries about uneven shrinkage.  I believe the challenge would be to have everything shrink at the same time.  Would have to be dried very slowly because of the differing thicknesses.  Also it's probably worth mentioning that sharp angles don't work great with ceramics so if you can chamfer or round the edges of each 90⁰ angle it will work better, and I believe it will still look good (possibly better).

If you are taking the design somewhere to be manufactured they should be able to tell you the limitations as well.

Archived