Paragon 800 C controller needed?

Joe Roach

Hi, I was given a Paragon 800C recently, and when plugged in, it's stuck on IDLE... appears the on/off switch was broken off.   advice?

Does anyone have a controller I could buy, or where should I look?   

I have seen the RTC 1000 controller at Bartlett, would that be my best choice if I have to buy new?  price is $290.

thank you,

According to the manual, it will only read Idle if the switch is in the on position, so the broken switch shouldn't be an issue. Does that model have a ribbon connector the connects the keypad to the control board? If so, pull it loose from the board, clean off the end and re-insert it. Sometimes they get dirty or come loose. If it's in a humid environment, try drying off the circuit board with a hair dryer. When they get too moist they can behave strangely. Double check all the connections in the wiring harness. Short of those fixes, you probably just have to replace it. The Bartlett RTC should be a direct replacement, but double check with them. You'll want to call them anyway to make sure it's configured properly for you when you receive it. Any other controller will require cutting the box to make it fit.

Archived