Books to Read - Starting From Scratch

So I'm quite new to ceramics (I started self-teaching back in November) and I really want to feel more confident on the technical side of things - that is how to get a perfect COE fit, the whens and whys of firing, maybe even glaze recipes if that's the only way to know for sure if your glaze will fit your clay body nicely. Can anyone recommend any books, videos, articles etc which give good explanations, advice and tutorials for someone working at my level as more of a beginner?

I mainly make jewellery, but have been working on dolls too. I was a professional sculptor in the film industry prior to going freelance, so I am very confident with sculpting, mould making and casting. It's the ceramic-specific things which I need to understand better. I have been working with earthenware, but want to start using porcelain instead.

Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!

My suggestion ceramic materials workshop is a very nice first course in clay bodies and glazing. It’s taught by Matt Katz ( formerly of Alfred University) who takes a practical materials science view.

Just my opinion but take both courses and save yourself a whole bunch of confusion when you need  to discriminate the finer points later.

https://www.ceramicmaterialsworkshop.com/

Archived