Plaque display

Hi to all artists

My project consists of 3 different plaques with bas-relief. Trying to figure out possibilities of hanging them, with or without other media, like wood or steel. I appreciate your advice on books tackling this issue in detail.

Maggie

Hi to all artists

My project consists of 3 different plaques with bas-relief. Trying to figure out possibilities of hanging them, with or without other media, like wood or steel. I appreciate your advice on books tackling this issue in detail.

Maggie

Hello Maggie

A couple of years ago I read an article in PMI about integral means of hanging ceramic art. There were a couple of methods - one was to add clay lugs for hanging wire to be threaded through. The other method, which I have successfully tried, was to make a keyhole in the back of the plaque with a modified loop tool - the advantage of this method is that the plaque will then hang flush to the wall. Larger plaques will need more than one keyhole to distribute the weight.

Oh ... I've just found part of the article here http://ceramicartsdaily.org/author/annie-chrietzberg/ It's quite a way down, but explains the process much better than I did

Hope this helps

Christine

I normally have something in mind when I do a project. What do you have in mind maybe I can help. T

Hi Trina

What I have in mind is: 3 different plaques 30 cm x 30 cm with sealife bas-relief. I would like to hang them so they wouldn't be protruding from the wall (i.e. with no space between the plaque and the wall ). Thank you....

Hi to all artists

Maggie

Hello Maggie

A couple of years ago I read an article in PMI about integral means of hanging ceramic art. There were a couple of methods - one was to add clay lugs for hanging wire to be threaded through. The other method, which I have successfully tried, was to make a keyhole in the back of the plaque with a modified loop tool - the advantage of this method is that the plaque will then hang flush to the wall. Larger plaques will need more than one keyhole to distribute the weight.

Oh ... I've just found part of the article here http://ceramicartsda...ie-chrietzberg/ It's quite a way down, but explains the process much better than I did

Hope this helps

Christine

Hi to all artists

Maggie

Hello Maggie

Oh ... I've just found part of the article here http://ceramicartsda...ie-chrietzberg/ It's quite a way down, but explains the process much better than I did

Hope this helps

Christine

Archived