Searching for Graduate Schools

Hello all,

I have just finished my BFA in Studio Ceramics and I am now looking for a Masters program. I currently live in North Carolina but am open to go anywhere in the US. I am interested in utilitarian work and would the to find a program that has some interests in potters.

I know that it is important to take into account the location, climate, city type and all, but I'm pretty open.

I am having a hard time finding schools off the Top Ten Lists. I know there are more out there, because my undergrad school offers a MFA program and I haven't found it at all while searching.

Also, not taking the GRE is a plus. I am also thinking I would like somewhat of a smallish program.

So far I have looked at, Central Washington University, Montana State University at Bozeman and Missoula,and University of Florida.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Irwhite00,

Sorry I'm responding without offering any suggestions (I'm in the same boat as you), but I wanted to know which school you went to and if you participated in CCACA this year. Just wondering if I maybe saw your work there.

Spring

PS. You beat me to this post, I was totally gonna post something similar!

Kent State with Kirk Mangus and Eva Kwong... Penn State with Chris Staley and Liz and... well the list is huge. There are so many... Nebraska with Pete Pinnel and Eddie... Arizona... There is at least one great grad program in almost every state... See where you and your work will fit and check out the personalities and the work of the professors teaching there! Again good luck... MAybe post a link to your work and we can chime in on where maybe you and your work may fit best???

Archived