Jump to content

Wildgeese

Members
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Wildgeese

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

115 profile views
  1. Hi Folks, I have recently painted a simple design in Magnesium oxide over a white tin glaze which matures between 1100 and 1180 C. I read since then that Magnesium Oxide is one of the potters more toxic oxides . There is notoriously very little actual data about the safety of many glaze surfaces, but would anyone hazard an opinion as to the safety of this bowl for functional/ food use - given that the oxide is now securely bonded to a stable glaze? I would love to use/ give this bowl away, but am worried about the toxicity of the oxide which was only put on in a wash solution.
  2. Love this! Poorman's Don Quixote - thanks for sharing
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.