#1 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationSouthmost Tip of Texas

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

Videos seem to be a popular way to learn especially when you are all alone in the studio.

Ceramic Arts Daily (upper left link in header) provides daily video clips that are searchable  Example: nancy stated frustration with throwing plates.

There are 7 searchable topics with subtopics.

Clay making technique...bottom subject is wheel throwing and then search for plates.

I love this. There is always so much to learn. I learned image transfer photo litho techniques a moved on to drawing with a litho crayon for image transfers.

Unlimited potential!!!

Have fun looking for tips, help etc.

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita Montana State University-Billings

#2 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

The extraordinary clay bender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the resource! I watch a lot of youtube videos to learn things.  

~ Namaste ~

Home studio potter 

Shanel Pottery 

"To me the greatest thing is to live beauty in our daily life and to crowd every moment with things of beauty.  It is then, and then only that  the art of the people as a whole is endowed with it's richest significance.  For it's products are those made by great a many craftsmen for the mass of the people, and the moment this art declines the life of the nation  is removed far away from beauty.  So long as beauty abides in only in a few articles created by a few geniuses, the kingdom of beauty is nowhere near realization."                                                                                 - Bernard Leach 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users