Developing new MFA program

I've noticed that there are a lot of seasoned potters with their MFA. Being of the population of folks who started in the arts long after it would be reasonable to pursue more degrees, I think it is time that we level the playing field for us almost too late bloomers.

I am looking for ideas, support, matriculation criteria, program course requirements for graduation etc. for my new prestigious Royal International Arts University of YouTube.

Larry

Dean of affairs

I've noticed that there are a lot of seasoned potters with their MFA. Being of the population of folks who started in the arts long after it would be reasonable to pursue more degrees, I think it is time that we level the playing field for us almost too late bloomers.

I am looking for ideas, support, matriculation criteria, program course requirements for graduation etc. for my new prestigious Royal International Arts University of YouTube.

Larry

Dean of affairs

I am interested in the programmes of the esteemed RIAUyt.

I am currently have tenured enrollment at. the universite de hardknocks, whereiam campus

As with most master programmes, there is the ever important masters thesis. While I've read ceramics master thesis papers, I believe a visual thesis is necessary for those matriculating.

I recently met a graduate from a bachelors program in art/ceramics. I was quite dissapointed that they could not pull a passable cylinder or bowl, however their sculptural skills are quite respectable. So I propose a series of cumpulsories to include making cylinders and bowls, wheel thrown, followed my same with alternative process.

Another part of said cumpolsories should include making clay from dry or dug ingredients, making appropriate glaze for made clay, design building a small kiln, firing said kiln with wood.

As with most master level programs an strong emphasis is on theory. They must past oral examination from professor Yoda from Dagobah. Or a least translate what he says for us.

Please keep us updated on RIAUyt.

Archived