Mentoring Program

Good morning,

I have been thinking of joining the Pottery Council for a while, mostly to try to participate in the mentoring program as a mentee. How can I find out if is active? I did see a few posts by people who had been waiting a while for a mentor. No criticism here, I understand the commitment, so I understand why it may take a while to match people up, but does anyone have an idea of how long? A month? A year?

Thank you for any information,

Nancy

Guest JBaymore

Nancy Lee,

It is very active. and we are always lookning for new mentors and mentees.

How long it takes depends a lot on exactly what you are looking for. You dfill out a detailed questionarre and then the staff looks to find someone who has the skills to fit those needs.

For example if someone as a Mentor matches all of your criteria EXCEPT that you want "in person visits" .... then that will block that match up. The more flexible and more "borad" the restrictions you have for what you weant... the faster the potential match up. So this ia not a question that can be answered all that easily.

The benefits of Potters Councikl go way beyond just this program. Look into it.

best,

..................john

Nancy Lee,

It is very active. and we are always lookning for new mentors and mentees.

How long it takes depends a lot on exactly what you are looking for. You dfill out a detailed questionarre and then the staff looks to find someone who has the skills to fit those needs.

For example if someone as a Mentor matches all of your criteria EXCEPT that you want "in person visits" .... then that will block that match up. The more flexible and more "borad" the restrictions you have for what you weant... the faster the potential match up. So this ia not a question that can be answered all that easily.

The benefits of Potters Councikl go way beyond just this program. Look into it.

best,

..................john

Thanks, John. I think I will sign up today. I was going to do so a few months ago, but had some business things I had to straighten out, and this is a good time.

Nancy

Archived