Chinese ceramic

• 2 months later...
Guest scott312

Hello! everyone. I'm Alice.

What's your impression about Chinese ceramics? I'd like to hear ideas from you.

I think Chinese ceramics are great. If we didnt have Chinese ceramics, the poor would not be able to have nice little this and thats in their homes.

The poor cannot afford $24 dollar wheel thrown cups.

If you visit the link in OP's signature, you'll see that she is not referring to anything cheezy or cheap. Nor is she trying to sell us anything. I think the work is very impressive. I have always loved Chinese brushstroke paintings, and also love to see it combined with strong ceramic forms.

Mea

I have never heard of the impressive Cizhov Kiln that has been burning for thousands of years, the pottery was beautiful and the web site was easy to understand and navigate. We are beginners compared to the thousands of years your country has with clay. Denice

I think Chinese ceramics are great. If we didnt have Chinese ceramics, the poor would not be able to have nice little this and thats in their homes.

Scott, you're embarrassing yourself.

I'm from China and my hometown is famous for Cizhou Kiln. Have you ever heard of this kind of ceramic? What's your impression about Chinese ceramics? I'd like to hear ideas from you.

Thank you for reading.

Alice,

Lovely classical forms and brushwork. I have a fondness for Sung dynasty inspired work!

Guest scott312

Scott, you're embarrassing yourself.

I am not embarrassed at all. What are you talking about?

Guest scott312

If you visit the link in OP's signature, you'll see that she is not referring to anything cheezy or cheap. Nor is she trying to sell us anything. I think the work is very impressive. I have always loved Chinese brushstroke paintings, and also love to see it combined with strong ceramic forms.

Mea

Cheezy or cheap.? Beauty is in the eye of the holder I guess. I love my life experiences with Chinese ceramics.

Something of beauty doesn't have to cost 100s or 1000s of dollars to enjoy.

I feel very blessed to enjoy low and high end ceramics.

Have a nice day.

I have always admired Chinese ceramics. There was a great show in DC decades ago called

Archeological discoveries since Mao. It was outstanding.

This company looks like it is promoting some nice work and the museum is interesting. I, too, was drawn more to the Song Dynasty ware more than any others.

Marcia

Archived