Photo

Which of the pieces of YOUR pottery collection will you pass-on to your children and loved ones? | Q.O.W. 11/15/2012

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JBaymore

JBaymore

• Moderators
  • 2,744 posts
  • LocationWilton, NH USA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

None of us likes to contemplate our mortality........ but the following question would be interesting for all of us to explore:

Which of the pieces of YOUR pottery collection will you pass-on to your children and loved ones? What will be the meaning, if any, behind the selection(s)?

- Submitted by Mary Anne Lisney

Check out joining the Potters Council (
www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.
John Baymore
Immediate Past President; Potters Council
Professor of Ceramics; New Hampshire Insitute of Art

http://www.JohnBaymore.com

#2 emilylebla

emilylebla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Frankly speaking everyone will have a different angle to this question. For me every pottery created with time is precious.
Pottery has always being a symbolic representation of the time it has been created. So if we want to carry past into future, all potteries needs to be preserved either physical or pottery prints.

Something like the below link

http://www.potteryma...que-art-prints/

None of us likes to contemplate our mortality........ but the following question would be interesting for all of us to explore:

Which of the pieces of YOUR pottery collection will you pass-on to your children and loved ones? What will be the meaning, if any, behind the selection(s)?

- Submitted by Mary Anne Lisney

Check out joining the Potters Council (
www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

#3 Round2potter

Round2potter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPortland, Orygun

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

well i didnt make em, but i definitely want my small jar and med sized bowl by David Shaner

The one i found hidden in a box in my basement stashed unknown for year
"There is no such thing as cheating in clay; So long as it works"

#4 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

I am not attached to one piece more than another. I will leave everything that is left behind; whatever is left in the kiln, on the shelves, on the work benches, finished and works in progress, bisque as well as greenware. They can give the best of the finished ware to a church thrift store and/or keep a momento what ever they would like to do with them.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

#5 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

I am fortunate to have pieces from many fine potters after years of going to various venues in Montana.
Kurt Weiser piece from an ACLU Auction
Rosalie Wynkoop -several majolica pieces
many others from past residents from the Archie Bray Foundation- Richard Notkin tile for their fundraiser
Julie Galloway, Jason Walker, Kowkie Durst,
I brought back from France a group of Japanese small plates that were part of the International Ceramics Biennial in Vallauris with labels of the artists
I have a collection of Spanish Folk Pottery and a collection of Majolica from Spain, Israel, Turkey, Portugal, Morrocco
Russel Fouts saggar fired piece, Linda and Charlie Riggs saggar piece, David Roberts naked clay piece, Frances Senska, Dennis Parks,
I wish I had a David Shaner pot. He inspired me to move to Montana decades ago.

Now..I think I need to build more shelves!

Marcia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users