Converting FFF feldspar

Jan jones

Guest JBaymore

Can you post the typical analysis of the FFF feldspar you mention? If you do, I can recalculate it using other materials.

But to really be accurate I would also need the typical analysis of your OTHER raw materials that might be used to substitute..... the Neph. SY. and so on.

best,

.......................john

Can you post the typical analysis of the FFF feldspar you mention? If you do, I can recalculate it using other materials.

But to really be accurate I would also need the typical analysis of your OTHER raw materials that might be used to substitute..... the Neph. SY. and so on.

best,

.......................john

Thanks so much for the offer of help, I am a new hobby potter and using the lovely new book from Linda Bloomfield called : Colour in glazes, I do not have the precise composition of my materials from my supplier but, Am happy to test, test test.

The FFF FELDSPAR IS: SiO2 67.7, Al2O3 18.9, , Fe2O3 0.16, CaO 0.72, K2O 7.62, Na2o 4.84 LOI 0.05.

The Potash Feldspar is: SiO2 65.8, Al2O3 18.5, Fe2O3 0.1, CaO 0.38, K2O 12, Na2o 2.89, LOI 0.33

The Nephaline Syenite is: SiO2 60.5, Al2O3 23 , Fe2O3 0.1, CaO 1, K2O 1, Na2o 10.2 , LOI 0.2

I also have a problem with the rutile pink glaze from the book, , come , 8 oxidised, but is firing clear. the recipe is:

Any hints gratefully received.

Nephelline Syenite. 26

Whiting. 12

Lithium carb. 10

Barium carb. 3

Calcium borate fruit. 5

Quartz. , 44

+

Rutile. 1.5

Tin oxide. 4

Kind regards

Jan