Pottery in Paris?

Hi all,

I have a problem - maybe people here can help. I currently live in Vancouver, BC and pot with the Burnaby Potters' Guild and at UBC. I will soon find myself in Paris for half a year and can't stand the thought of being away from clay. I have tried to find a community studio space/ pottery club/ a place to do pottery a few times a week on a drop in or subscription basis but have come up with nothing. Does anyone here know if such studio spaces even exist there? Or if there are other options that will allow me to do pottery on a semi regular basis (as opposed to a one time workshop, a class that I don't really need, etc).

Not sure this is in the right forum or if there is even a right forum for this question, any information will be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

David

it definitely exists...though i have no names to give

do you know which part of paris, which arrodisment you will be? i have family there in the 17th, i can ask

fear not though, there is a place for you, you may need to be on the ground to find it though

the ceramic scene in france in general is phenomenal, highest quality work, very inspirational, for me it was anyway

look for Terre et Feu magazine too, may find some resources

it definitely exists...though i have no names to give

do you know which part of paris, which arrodisment you will be? i have family there in the 17th, i can ask

fear not though, there is a place for you, you may need to be on the ground to find it though

the ceramic scene in france in general is phenomenal, highest quality work, very inspirational, for me it was anyway

look for Terre et Feu magazine too, may find some resources

Thank you Cass, don't know which arrondissement I'll live in. But I know how to take the metro and RER so if your relatives know of any names... I'll travel even to the far reaches of the 20th for clay :)

Merci Cass, Marcia

I have looked at the list and it dawned on me that what one person's 'class' is another person 'drop in'... and one of the places (Terre Quota in Malakoff, just south of Porte d'Orleans) does have an 'atelier libre' (and probably a 'liste d'attente' as welltongue.gif)

I will check out 'Ceramic travel' too.

http://terre-et-feu....teliers-libres/

â–¶ Free Workshops sculpture

These workshops are open to all without registration. Everyone can work in modeling, ceramics and observe the techniques of other participants. There is no teacher. Some may also choose these hours to complete a work.

Seating is limited it is necessary to reserve your place by calling the direct line of the workshop.

15 € / session

Reporting back with my findings - atelier chemins de terre, http://www.ateliercheminsdeterre.com/, have replied to my inquiry and they also have an 'open studio' (atelier libre) option. 200 Euros a month will buy you unlimited potting time and a firing in a 5 cubic foot kiln. Thanks so much for your help and for that very useful list!

Reporting back with my findings - atelier chemins de terre, http://www.ateliercheminsdeterre.com/, have replied to my inquiry and they also have an 'open studio' (atelier libre) option. 200 Euros a month will buy you unlimited potting time and a firing in a 5 cubic foot kiln. Thanks so much for your help and for that very useful list!

I am not going to Paris. :) I just ran across this thread and am really struck at how nice my fellow potters are. You all really helped pricklypotter. You are awesome!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived