Two minute mugs.

It actually takes about a minute and a half to make these mugs, but when you do an hour of production it averages out to something like 35 an hour (a little under 2/min.). I threw these this evening and hopefully will have a video of trimming them and sticking handles on them tomorrow. I'm also hoping to do fifteen or sixteen pie plates and about that many utensil holders tomorrow too, but I have about 4 hours of driving, there and back, to add to my day. I did these in my home studio. Perhaps later this week I can show some trimming of some larger things I did at work.

I hope ya'll enjoy.

Not sure where my reply went, trying again...

Great video, what is the little push back to the centre thingy you got goin on? Are you just recompressing the clay? You did it on both mugs. I must do some more wheel work. T

Trina,

My guess is he is compressing the bottom to prevent 'S' cracks.

Not sure where my reply went, trying again...

Great video, what is the little push back to the centre thingy you got goin on? Are you just recompressing the clay? You did it on both mugs. I must do some more wheel work. T

Trina,

My guess is he is compressing the bottom to prevent 'S' cracks.

That may be what I'm doing. I had it in the back of my mind that throwing with more clay might help explain. If you want to find the time stamp I could better have an idea of what I'm doing at that moment and explain it.

Archived