June 28-Aug. 17, 2012 | New York, NY | Art of the Contemporary Chawan

Art of the Contemporary Chawan

June 28 - August 17, 2012

Cavin-Morris Gallery

210 Eleventh Ave. Suite 210

New York, NY 10001

212-226-0155

Exhibition Catalog:

http://issuu.com/cavinmorris/docs/chawan_catalogue2_a?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

Gallery Website:

http://www.cavinmorris.com/

Well, so much for getting any work done this morning. I just spent most of it turning the digital pages of the exhibition catalog (great presentation, btw). If only there was some way to digitally reach out and touch the tea bowls and water jars, too pick them up and feel the weight and texture. Wonderful exhibition!

Jim

If only there was some way to digitally reach out and touch the tea bowls and water jars, too pick them up and feel the weight and texture. Wonderful exhibition!

Jim,

Yeah... chawan are something that REALLY demand to be handled to evaluate. Particualry if the pieces are really intended for Chanoyu (Tea Ceremony).

best,

...............john

John;

Thank-you for sharing the catalogue with us. Congratulations on your show.It took me a while to look at everything, but it was worth it. What a fabulous show.

TJR.

Excellent. I was lucky enough to see this show at Tacoma Community College gallery and attend the Tea Bowl workshop after NCECA on March 31 and April 1. Amazing. So inspiring.