Albany Slip Question

bluedawg

I have some albany slip I would like to use on Bisque. The pieces are to be Anagama wood fired to cone 10. Will the slip turn into a nice dark glaze where applied or might it just crawl and peel off? I think I read Albany slip melts at cone 10 so that's why I thought it might work.

-Mary

I have some albany slip I would like to use on Bisque. The pieces are to be Anagama wood fired to cone 10. Will the slip turn into a nice dark glaze where applied or might it just crawl and peel off? I think I read Albany slip melts at cone 10 so that's why I thought it might work.

-Mary

True albany slip mets into a nice dark glaze at cone 9-10-

I do not think it will peel off-may run some if put in a hot spot near firebox

I used to use it a lot as glaze but mixed other things with it as it was so dark.

I have fired it in a wood kiln just with albany and it was a dark glossy glaze.

Mark

Perfect Thanks!

-Mary

True albany slip mets into a nice dark glaze at cone 9-10-

I do not think it will peel off-may run some if put in a hot spot near firebox

I used to use it a lot as glaze but mixed other things with it as it was so dark.

I have fired it in a wood kiln just with albany and it was a dark glossy glaze.

Mark

Archived